Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What's your deal?

Day 11 – A picture of something you hate

It started out as one of those days. I have been sick for a week with flu and bronchitis, so I've been trying to keep my chin up this week. But after waking up coughing, not being able to smell or taste anything, being irritated with the people around me for no reason and just feeling agitated in my own skin, I knew that I was CRABBY. 


I hate being crabby, I hate feeling "off," I hate feeling like I'm absolutely no fun. I know I could have gone into all the big things in the world I hate: poverty, injustice, exploitation of the weak, but since I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, I thought this was fitting.

As I woke up from my nap, I had this thought: "naps prove that Jesus loves me." But then I realized it was a bit off and really, naps prove that Jesus loves my roommates. I was much happier waking up the second time today.

2 comments:

  1. Today I am thinking "when Jack naps, it proves that Jesus loves me"... and I can't stay grumpy too long if he chooses not to nap, because he is just so dang cute!

    Hope you are the mend! Flu and bronchitis? Oh man that is bad.

    ReplyDelete

Followers